Sunday, November 11, 2007

Getting ready for some new critters




Well this afternoon I designed and built a little 4 X 5 box to go onto my small flatbed trailer. enclosed it and built an angle iron door and covered it with expanded metal. It ought to hold a few sheep. Planning on going up to the twin cities next weekend to get a couple Shetland sheep. their names are Brita and Amber. Brita is a white ewe and Amber is a musket ewe lamb. Amber has brown tips and is light grey under neath. They both will make some nice wool to spin with. It will give me something to do in the winter time when it is too darn cold outside to be out. I'm wanting to get some spun up to make socks.

The guiniea eggs that I was trying to hatch didn't, but I tried. I installed a taller roost in the turkey and guinea house and the guineas seem to like it. It is neat to see them all purched on it. Well I got to get a few things done before dark. oh it is almost dark.. later

No comments: